Friday 19 April 2019

Poison actor Riya Sen: I am doing damage control on my past film choices

Riya Sen spoke about the lack of good offers, the digital medium and being typecast in glamorous roles.ZEE5 has released its latest original Poison. Starring Tanuj Virwani, Arbaaz Khan, Freddy Daruwala and Riya Sen in the lead roles, the 11-episode thriller has been directed by Jatin Wagle. Set in Goa, Poison is a story of revenge, power, crime, and love.

At the launch event held on Thursday, the cast interacted with the media and shared anecdotes from their experience. Riya spoke about how she messaged ZEE5 CEO Tarun Katial showing keenness to work with the platform after hearing about her sister’s (Raima Sen) amazing experience working with the team.

Not at all. I am at a stage right now where I am ready to message every producer telling that I am ready to screen test. Yes, I might fail in a few tests but they should know I want to work. When I joined the industry, I was very young and shy. I didn’t understand the need for a PR or a manager. And so it’s important for people to know I am interested in work. Tarun was one of the first people that I messaged and it was so kind of him to offer me Poison. While I don’t have a lengthy role in the show, I am taking this as a stepping stone. With the kind of marketing and positioning ZEE5 has, every actor would love to be a part of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

The views and investment tips expressed by experts on here are their own and not those of the website or its management. We strongly advises users to check with certified experts before taking any investment decisions. We are not responsible for any losses.

IREDA IPO: GMP, what are the subscription status signals? Allotment Date, How to Check Status

The Indian Renewable Energy Development Authority (IREDA) IPO concluded its subscription period on Thursday, receiving robust interest from ...